Wednesday, January 6, 2016


Very long time since I have posted. Chester and Greta are still in residence, and all of the various swamp critters seem happy. This post is to show my most recent river gifts. Our tides overall (the Hillsborough River at our section is very influenced by salt water tides though our water is mostly brackish) have been higher than normal given my over 50 years of experience- so I have not had much opportunity to troll the shoreline for interesting artifacts. With winter, we are once again having lower tides, so I have been able to go down the rocks to the shore to pick up trash and uncover the odd treasures, but no where near as often as the past decades. On my most recent excursion, I found one very pretty platform sandal, not more than a foot away from the parts of a turtle shell/skeleton. They are surrounded on the table where I sort my finds by chunks of fossilized (aka agatized) coral and some skeletal remains.
In the meantime, our path needs beating back and a large Drake Elm fell down during a storm- photos to follow. The elm has to be surmounted, and Sophie has learned a new word- "over". She may be able to fit underneath, but I don't crawl on my belly like a reptile, so she needed to learn to jump up. She loves it- and proudly walks up and down the large trunk while I sling my legs over.



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete