Wednesday, June 27, 2012

More Barred owl updates

Yesterday, I took this photo of one of the baby (really, I should now say juvenile) owls trying to eat a snake. He/she/it would take a bite- the snake would wiggle- and the owl would do the very comical head bobbing that mostly the young guys do. Kind of  a "What the hell!" response. You can still see the white fuzz on its head.
Tonight, 2 of them were at the river side and Sophie our dog startled one- the owlet took off and I had to duck. They don't seem to have the lofting principal down yet. A few minutes later, 2 of them hung out just above our heads whining- and they both unintentionally dive bombed Sophie. Sophie now thinks they are very evil beings. I think their folks have cut back on the feedings- one almost landed on Hans while whining for food. Almost time for these guys to find new homes- but I will miss them when this happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment